Sunday, May 23, 2010

Final Fondant Cake




Tomorrow is my final day in my cake class. And im not going, thought it would be more fun to watch The Bachelorette! But I did do my cake to get the practice. I think it turned out pretty sweet!!! Yes its a little lop sided and lumpy but hey, it is my FIRST one!!!! And its chocolate cake (made from scratch) with vanilla butter cream frosting (made from scratch) which is also new to me. Thanks Jen for giving me the inspiration to try my cakes from scratch. Im pretty excited about how it turned out and im looking forward to making my kids Birthday cakes this year. But before that I have to make cupcakes for a baby shower, so wish me luck!

4 comments:

Ashley

It looks amazing and sounds like it will taste great too. Great job!

Shellie

I am so IMPRESSED!!!! You are awesome and it looks SO good! Too bad I won't be there to help eat it! I'll try to come in the following weeks sometime. Take care and have fun tomorrow night!

Dacia

Very nice! The flowers are amazing!~

The Reeds

Hey I am impressed! You have learned so much from that class. Bummer that I could not have joined you. Maybe in the fall we could take a class together. Hey I did not see the samples or pics from your new car seat covers. Did I miss something?