Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

Bentley woke up today and was ready and excited for school! He ate his cereal and was dressed and ready by 8. So it was a long waiting game to 9:20. Lots and lots of "mom is it time yet???" I was happy though, its always a guessing game when it comes to Bentley... you never know if hes gonna be ok and go along with it or if its gonna be a struggle. He looked so cute walking out the door, so grown up! This is his 2nd year of preschool so I think he had it down. He was also really excited because he gets to go to "the big school" the Elementary is brand new this year, how lucky is he. Its so nice and clean, I love it! He is now the Traverse Mountain Elementary Tigers! When we got to school he had to stand in a line with all the kids until everyone got signed in. He was super quite and looked a little nervous. So I just kept telling him that hes gonna do great and I will be back so fast to get him. It was nice that he had one of his best buddies Wesley there too! When the teacher said to walk in the school and wave good bye he gave me a kiss and then walked right in. Looking behind his shoulder every so many steps, but he did it! When I went back to pick him up he was all smiles and gave me a huge hug. He was so proud of himself for staying and talking to his teacher. He had pretzels for a snack and played on the playground with all the kids he dosent know :) What an awesome boy I have, so proud of him!

0 comments: