Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Babies!!!


Just bare with me on this... its gonna be long, but I have to write this down so I can remember it... On Wed. my sister called to tell me that my niece Allie had gone to the dr and they sent her over to the hospital for a stress test, which turned into her learning that she would stay there until she had the baby. So I of course started packing and getting ready to head down. While I was getting ready I found out that my sis in law... who has the same dr and who also had a dr app earlier that day was sent over to the hospital to get her water broke. Holy cow!!! I couldn't wait to get in the car and head down!!! Once I got there we ran in and saw my niece, then I ran around the corner and saw my sis in law... so crazy that they were just a few feet away from each other, especially since my sis in law was past due and my niece wasn't due til Sept. We were told that night that they were gonna keep an eye on my niece and it was a day by day thing. Later that night my sis in law had her baby!!! My new nephew was 8 pounds 1 ounce and they named him Maximus, I was able to go see him and hold him in the hospital! After a few days of waiting and waiting we got the call on Friday morning that my niece was going to have a c-section... her toxemia was out of control and they need to get the baby out. So after all that waiting, real fast a baby was here... Little Vivie Ann Croft was born at 10:15 Am 16 inches 4 pounds and 9 ounces. We arrived at the hospital right after she had been taken out and rushed to NICU and were able to see her just minutes after being born!!! Of course I cried as soon as I saw her, so tiny and so innocent!!! My poor niece Allie was so sick, her blood pressure so high. They were really scared and had her on meds that make her feel like she has the worst flu ever and make her so weak. She was totally out of it for days and I just felt sooo bad for her!!! Luckily now she is home and doing well. Baby Vivie went right to NICU but was doing amazing!!! No oxygen or anything. She just has a feeding tube and needs to learn to eat then she will be home. I was sooo lucky... I got to go in and see the baby every day and right before I had to head home I was able to hold her!!!!! Yeah!!!! She is soooo small and cute and little, love her so much already and am so sad I had to leave!!!! I just can't wait to go back and see her when she goes home. It was so much fun being there for the birth of these two special babies and I had so much fun running around in utter mayhem getting everything ready, wouldn't miss it for the world!!! Congrats new happy parents!!!!

1 comments:

Greg and Mel

Congrats Allie! She is adorable and I love her name!! How fun for you to have been able to be there Ashley!! Congrats to your family!