Thursday, January 28, 2010

Anyone For A Cake Class?

I have been wanting to take a cake decorating class forever. I have no idea how to use fondant or anything special like that. I found this class, its in Spanish Fork and its a little on the pricey side. However I think its worth it, because its only for 2 days and its from a real bakery place. And you get a student kit. So I was just wondering if anyone was interested in signing up and taking this class with me? It would be sooo much fun to do this with a friend, so heres the info and let me know if your interested!! Oh and they added on how to learn how to do crooked/Topsy Turvy cakes as well.

Fondant and Gumpaste for Beginners $200

February 19th and 20th 10:00am-3:00pm

This 2 day class will teach you everything you need to know to start designing beautiful cakes with fondant and gumpaste. We will discuss how to bake, fill, and cover cakes with fondant, as well as stacking and transporting a tiered cake.

You will learn to embellish cakes with quilting, bows, drapes and swags, embossing, stenciling, piped designs, brush embroidery and many more techniques popular in modern cake design.

Each student will take home a 2 tiered decorated cake to show of what they’ve learned, plus a student gift set. All supplies will be provided, bring an apron and have fun!

0 comments: