Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bee Sting


On Monday I was out front of my house walking with my kids and got stung by a stupid bee! That is the first time I have ever been stung, and turns out im allergic! I had to go to my Dr. because it was getting hard to swallow and I felt super light headed and dizzy. Once I got there he gave me a shot and gave me a prescription for an Epi Pen which I need to take everywhere with me so if I get stung again I can give myself a shot. By the time I got home from the Dr. I had this horrible headache, my heart was pounding and was super shaky so I went straight to bed. All night I had the worst headache I have ever had times 50! Which turns out to be a side affect from the shot. I still have a slight headache and don't feel quite myself, but im getting there. Totally was not fun and now im scared to death of bees. All the trees around my house are swarming with bees, so I have to walk down the middle of the street cause im to scared to walk by the trees. So if you see me running and screaming now you know why... Im being chased by killer bees!

3 comments:

Our Loved-up Family

Oh my gosh! Bevan got stung by a bee and thanksfully we found out that he isn't allergic, it sounds AWFUL to be allergic from hwta you have described. I hope you get back to normalcy soon. At least you'll be prepared if it happens again.

Dacia

That's so scary. I had a really awful allergic reaction the month before I got married. It was from something outside (probably my parent's trees which they chopped down.) It was the worst thing EVER. I have never felt so crappy. The allergist said that I actually went into cardiac arrest before I stopped breathing. I carry around an epi pen too. Make sure that you keep track of the expiration date on it. I luckily haven't needed to use mine but I have had to get a few new ones. Allergies suck! Glad you're okay though.

McGuire's

That is so scary! That's amazing you've never been stung though. Hope your headaches gone. Really cute apron!