Wednesday, December 31, 2008

WARNING!

Be careful when you go sledding! My niece and her boyfriend came up to visit and we went sledding. Well, I got some air that I wasn't ready for and ended up breaking my back! Let me tell you it was so painful and the whole hospital experience was a nightmare as usual. But now im back home in a brace and stuck in bed for at least 6 weeks. No moving or doing anything! Im still in a lot of pain and very sick to my stomach. But I am very grateful to have not had to have surgery and to be able to move and not be paralyzed!!!! Something bad could have happened and changed my life forever, and I am just so blessed to be able to heal and be fully recovered in 6 weeks. But please be careful out there playing in the snow!

7 comments:

Sarah

Ashley that is soooo sad. I am really sorry. I will come visit when I get home from Christmas vacation. :(

Dacia

Oh my goodness! That's awful! I hope you get feeling better quickly. You are very lucky it's not worse (easy for me to say, right?) You could have been paralyzed or needed surgery. Scary! I hope you get lots of help and heal remarkably fast!

Amy

Ash I heard about your accident. How scary! I kept wondering if you were ok. I'm glad that you will be ok in a couple of weeks. Let me know if i can do anything for you. I'll come visit soon!

Petersen Family

Can't believe you've broken your back and are stuck in bed you poor girl! Hope you get better soon! Call me if you're going crazy one day and we can chat!! Sorry we didn't get to get together before Christmas! Soon though!!

Anonymous

I am sooo bringin' you dinner! I know your mama is there, but she will need a break too! You are such a trooper with the whole new babe stuff and now this! I'm so glad you are ok! p.s. this might brighten your day..I need to buy one of your car seat covers! I'll be by within the week to pick one out! xo-Selena

Greg and Mel

Oh No!! I hope you do heal quickly, that is really scary! I wish I lived closer to you so I could help with the boys!! Take care!!
-Melanie

The Reeds

I have not been in the blogging world forever. So I am trying to get caught up. I cannot believe that you broke your back. I hope that you have a speedy recovery. We are excited to hang out with you guys again. I'm just a few feet away, don't forget to call if you need anything.