So... Bentley is still in the process of being potty trained, I know... sad but true. He just hasn't been ready. However, lately he is doing really well. Theres only a few times when he goes in to pee and I check and his diaper is a little wet. So for the most part he runs in and goes. I think he just gets caught up in playing or something and forgets sometimes. So heres my question... When do I go from pull ups to big boy undies? I tried them the other night but he had an accident, so I just went back to pull ups. Do I wait until he has no accidents, or til he only has a few? Send some advice my way, thanks!
4 comments:
We can chat about this when I hopefully make it out there today (we're getting TONS of snow currently) but we just went for it and put Brayden in underwear and it worked great! He still wears pull ups at night because I refuse to change sheets a few nights a week but he's getting better! Good luck!
We had the same issue. I put Andie in underwear one day & after 3 accidents I knew she wasn't ready. Then we just tried again later, maybe a week after. Gotta let him try though.
Hey, you found my blog. Thanks for those delicious goodies. I'll have to get your recipe, yum!
I never did pull-ups, we went straight to panties, that way the kid can tell it's not fun to wet their pants. (It isn't fun as a parent either.) It takes lots of patience and sometimes they aren't ready yet, but at least they will start recognizing. Best of luck!
I agree with Ashley's comments. With both my kids I've just put them in undies and stuck by their side for a few days. When they start peeing I say, "STOP!" and run them to the toilet! They learn fast and don't like the feeling of being wet or having pee run down their legs. I use Pull-Ups at night because both my kids were potty-trained by around 21 months but night time can take up to a year longer to master.
Email me if you have any questions. Each kid is different I learned from potty-training Jada {she was much harder even though they say girls are easier}.
Everyone knows potty-training is NO FUN! Good luck!
Post a Comment