

Last week I decided we needed to get out of town for a bit. Everyone has had so much sickness and I am so sick of being stuck in doors! We got to St. George and the weather was awesome! We ate lunch outside and played at the park, we spent every sec. outside. Then that next morning at 5 a.m. Bentley woke up throwing up. Which he continued to do every 30 to 45 min. all day long. He didn't have a fever and wasn't complaining about anything so I figured he had the flu. Thats pretty normal for him when he has the stomach flu but he usually stops around dinner time. But this time it was 8:00 p.m. and he was still just as sick. So I called the Dr. and he said to take him over to the ER. He was such a little champ, walking around with his barf bucket in hand. He was so so sick. As soon as the Dr. came in she said she was sure it was his ears. She had a look and sure enough he had a horrible ear infection! She said his ear drum was about to burst and the other ear was starting to get infected. She showed me his throat which looked horrible... I felt so bad, he never told me his ear hurt! So they gave him something to settle his stomach and gave him an IV and got him some meds. While he was laying in bed he told me he was gonna die :( He felt so yucky. And he was amazing for the IV he just layed there and was sooo good, didn't complain and was so brave. I told him since he did such a good job I would buy him a prize when he got all better, that seemed to make him feel a little better. The whole time we were there he kept his eyes closed and didn't say anything, then after the IV and meds got in he started feeling a lot better! He started talking non stop and was saying weird stuff. It freaked me out! He was making no sense talking about animals he could see on the ceiling, and how he was bummed that he wore his pjs to the hospital. When I tucked him into bed he told me he could smell cookies and was sniffing the bed. He was a little too hopped up on drugs I think! The guy that gave him his IV I actually worked with at my old job at the Surgery Center, so that was cool. And everyone there was so nice and said he was so cute, barf bucked and all! I am so proud of my brave little guy and I just feel so bad he got that sick!
1 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!!!!! I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment